Leading & Handling Instruction
This activity is included in ALL our party packages.
This activity takes place early on in the party at the same time as the grooming. Children are split into two groups one group leading and one group grooming and then they swap over. Again it is a mixture of fun, education and an opportunity to develop a bond with the horses.
PLEASE NOTE THE HORSES IN THE PHOTOS ARE OFTEN WEARING LIGHTWEIGHT MUZZLES THESE ARE PURELY TO STOP THEM TRYING TO EAT GRASS SO THEY ALWAYS DO WHAT YOUR CHILD ASKS THEM TO DO.
The children learn...
- How to hold the lead rein safely and correctly.
- How to recognise when a horse is listening to you.
- How to make a horse slow down and speed up.
- How to lead a horse at the walk and at the trot (children aged 7+ can usually lead at the canter too).
- How to change direction and turn a horse all the way round by just using ONE hand!
- How to control a horse by using your 'bossy ' voice.
- That well trained horses are not frightening to lead and anyone can do it even if you are very young.